Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My computer being seperated from my Camera and hobby materials is definitely a deterrent to posting pictures.

But fear not, I have not been idle. The 7 story ruined cityfight buildings are finished and base coated now. On thursday (when the wife is in class, so as not to generate Wife Aggro) I will be breaking out craft paints (yuck) and putting the rough coat on the buildings before picking out the details at a later point.

I've also decided to enter the Freebootas Motivational Challenge, although this requires me to paint a HQ choice by Friday night. Easter said then done. I wish I had signed up earlier.

Ryar and I did a proxy game with the new Nids. I played nids with the Trygon, Mawloc, Tyranofex, Tervigon, 1x Hive Tyrant, 2x Warriors and some termagonts. I think that the primary problem was not deploying the mawloc and trygon together. I deployed them on opposite ends of the table, and should have tried to overwhelm a flank. Also the Hive Tyrant went down like a little girl poped in the mouth. Four wounds doesn't get you very far anymore I guess.

I think that I will pass on the Tyranids and hope for later Xenos at the end of year, maybe even (Gasp!) Tau. I highly doupt it, but I would be almost as happy with D. Eldar or Necrons.

No comments:

Post a Comment