Monday, March 1, 2010

Necron Concept I

I'm strongly considering doing Necrons next year when they are re-releaed. I would say I'm 70% leaning that way at the moment. (Then wait for Tau for 2011 some time and do them later in 2011 again).



At any rate, I do NOT want the standard necrons that are dry brushed gun metal. So when I have some time I am going to look around for how I want the models to be modeled and/or painted.



I'm probably going to go with a ceramic look. Something like this.









In addition I noticed that the same fellow recut his necrons to make them more dynamic and walking. I like that a lot.

The only difference is that I would like to do some battle damage, to look like the paint, and layer of white is flecking off.

In addition, I would like to do some necron themed floors, perhaps broken up, and chipped with gravel on it. Like necron pylons as well. Maybe some objectives the same way.

I'm considering white, but definitely something bright. White/bone looks good.

1 comment:

  1. Like you I prefer the ceramic look rather than the stock metallic.

    ReplyDelete