Friday, July 9, 2010

Preping Your Friends

This weekend is what I call "get everyone finished and ready for the tournament" weekend. I've been doing one of these for years for my friends.

They all come down, or I go see them, and we spend a weekend playing 40K, building battle boards, and bringing the slow painters up to speed. I think I have about 9 vehicles to airbrush and one of them has been working 24/7 for two months, and his logan wing needs some hefty work.

It's gotten to the point that my wife knows that it is coming, and even tells me "this weekend looks good, your going to need to go up there and get that done."

It's a pain in the ass, and completely worth it. That's what friends do for each other, and that is what makes this hobby worth doing at all. Think how boring it would be if you didn't have friends to complain to about bad beats, bad dice, bad opponents, or the glorious moments that come along that you remember for years (Shrike vs. The Wraithlord comes to mind from Adepticon 2007).

There are always going to be different levels of preparadness for tournaments. Those of you that are more prepared, now is the time to lend your friends a hand. They need a battle board, build it for them, need help finishing models, pick up a paint brush. The more prepared they are, the more fun you all will have.

See you at Wargames Com in Austin.

No comments:

Post a Comment