Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Angels of Perdition - 4th Landed Company

The 4th Company is my company. I'm unsure how many people that reas this have taken a good look at my guys, but in my opinion... they are perfect. I don't mean, that painting is perfect, I'm no golden demon winner, but I meant their unit designations.

The Angels of Perdition are a Dark Angels successor chapter, which means they use different unit designations then standard codex marines. Codex marines use a color around the should to denote which company they are from. Dark Angels use a pattern on their knee. 4th Company uses a split scheme checkerboard on top, bone on the bottom of the knee. The shoulder then designates what squad they are from on the left shoulder, and the right has the chapter symbol.

I also have back banners for all the sergeants and each only leads that squad.

I don't think a single opponent has ever noticed, which is fine.

It's not for them, it's for me.

I, like Conan, like to crush my enemy, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentations of their girlfriends, but that isn't what keeps me coming back to the game.

Nope, it's my imagination. I know that Scout Sergeant Orion is a crazy bastard that is older then whoever the Chapter Master has sent lately to tell the 5th what to do. He does his own thing, and because he gets results, they let him go. I know that the 1st Squad is lucker then they have any right to be.

At tournament they rolled up and blew a rhino with berserkers up. The berserkers pile out, then the enemy blew my rhino up, and killed some guys, and I used combat tactics to tall back. I then auto rallied and ran up and shot again, the berserkers then rolleda difficult terrain test to assault me, and rolled double 1st, and didn't make it. I double tapped them again, finally they assaulted me and I wiped them out. That was some luck. Last game against Andy they got assaulted by 6 Wolf Guard, and they wiped THEM out, it was amazing. I know that Librarian Raziel is just out of the Library, and can't be trusted on the table by himself.

Anyway, I think you find, after you have hand painted your armies, and played with them, they tend to develop some Soul... and I think that spark of something is what brings me back, time after time.

No comments:

Post a Comment