Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Update

Well I have been working on my marines, but nothing finished painted. My recent losses have forced me to reasses what I plan on doing with them. I think the problem is that the way that I want to play them is just not supported in the new edition. I'm not going to give up, but considering the tournament is this weekend, and the army that is painted is NOT ready to field... I have no choice.

Time for my Tau.

Now I have played some games with my Tau in 5th, and found a few things effective. I hear a lot of moaning in groaning and it's true that a few units took a hit, but overall I'm not sure what is so bad. I'm going to playtest some on wednesday and see how it goes. I'm running a fairly basic list that I'm about to post on wednesday and then make changes for friday. I do need to paint a few things up by the weekend... although I don't know where I fill find the time!

I haven't reached a conclusion about it but it has a lot of guts. It is a little paper thin IMHO, but I think it does successfully take advantage of the metagame (lots of vehicles). I think that it could fail against an army with large amounts of indirect, but I simply do not thing those armies are fielded in enough numbers to matter (besides Andy).

I'll be play testing tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment