Thursday, May 20, 2010

40K Table

In a month I will be able to move back into my home.

What does this have to do with 40K you may ask?

Well, this means that I will (finally) be able to start putting the 40K table I have been dreaming about forever together in my wife and I's.... it's not a dining room, I think we are calling it the Studio now.

Anyway, I was planning on building a new army after BOLScon, but now, I'm considering just building my table/terrain set in August. I have got to come up with a storage mechanism that will work with the table, be fun, and allow me to modifiy it up some. I looked at the gw stuff, but honestly for $280, I can do a lot better.

I'm figuring build a table, and then under it have little rows to store mdf 2ftx2ft pieces to put together to build a table, I would need 6 of them (which if stored sideways wouldn't take that much room).

Eventually I want to have a green/brown field for games and a cityfight board (a total of 12 pieces) and perhaps 2 pieces that are a mix to have the ability to seperate them up. For now though I want to focus on one table, which will be my Angels of Penitance table that will probably include the following things:

(2) groups of woods - I am undecided if I want to use gw woods, or modify my own up. I think I will go for my own, as I already have the stuff to make it.
(2) Hills - I probably will go for the GW hills on this one. I like them, and they are very very durable (being plastic)
(1-2) Bastions - I like the model and want to play some planetstrike with a nice table.
(1-2) Ruins - I still have a fox of the GW ruins, I want to model them up as old decrepid building that have started to be reclaimed by the world, with moss on them etc...
(1) Of those new sets from GW with the space marine statue and broken aquelae.
(1) Fortress of Redemption - My Centerpiece, and probably the last piece I will do to the table itself.

That should be enough for a table, easily. Good solid stuff that will be pro-painted by me. I want to be able to put up battle reports and photo's and have them look amazing. I would rather have a few pieces of wonderful terrain. After all, you use the stuff every game!

No comments:

Post a Comment