Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tome of Forgiveness

These words graced the tome of Forgiveness written by Maltheas Dormock,
Last of the Crusade Grand Masters of the Angels of Perdition

I ask for no Forgiveness for my acts.

I ask for none for opening the way in the Dark Star crusade to Kyton, a world of twenty billion souls. Nor for watching, as it fell to ruination as the entirety of Warsmith's forces fell on it like a scythe. Nor do I ask for it for buring it to ash.

I watched, as in the darkness of the long night, it's face blossomed like a second star field.

Upon my order twenty billion died, and the Dark Star Crusade has ended. Bought in blood, sacrifice and the lives of the Imperium I have sworn to protect. Some secrets must be protected, some prices must be paid, but we must all live with the consequences of our actions. For our sin we were not punished, for to the vast machine, what is twenty billion, when a sector has been saves. We were given a boon, anything we asked.

But I ask no forgiveness.

I ask for none as I watched the survivors fight for survival on Kyton. Loyal citizens, struggling for their world... and their souls against those that had turned their back on sanity. Battles for food, fuel, and life devolve into a wasteland of destruction. At any moment I could have stopped it, but I did not.

There is no worth put on that which is not payed for, and those of Kyton must earn their right for forgiveness. It is a price that must be paid in blood and lives... theirs.

I ask none for the women and children that were killed and eaten by the Cannibal of Carax as he worked the world of Kyton under his thumb. Nor do I ask for it because I gave no aid to those that opposed him.

But I ask for no forgiveness. For of all the worlds for three thousand years that we have fought on, none has been a greater sin then this, for the reasons that lead my brothers and I always into the deeper darkness. The Lion understood, sometimes decisions must be made, unforgiveable decisions.

But I ask none, for we shall make it right. We were given a boon, and I have asked. This world, this Kyton is no more, from now on, this shall be Angelus Secundus, what we wrought we shall unmake in the time ahead. This world is our worst sin, but shall be our greatest achievement.

For this world, shall be our world. We shall re-build it in our image, and from it's peoples, those that sacrifices, and bleed, shall come the new Order of ourselves, and we shall become one with this world.

For the Lion!

No comments:

Post a Comment