Friday, February 19, 2010

Tau - Ethereal

So in January I decided to sign up for the 40K Motivational Challenge, which means a unit a month for 12 months. Sadly I both signed up late for it, and while I was finished with them both by the 20th, my camera-fu fell far behind, so I did not have them ready to present. Here are my two ethereals however, painted. I haven't used them in 5th edition. Sad to say how poor the unit is presently. The first one is the old Aun'shi model, with the blades cut off. I am unsure why I did this, but I was never going to spend 2 points on the Honor blade anyway. I painted the skin slightly differently on these two models, using techniques by the tau master, Tael from Advanced Tau Tactica. Excellent painting guide, I even added some spots on his head.


If you never run one ethereal... why do you have 2 I hear you ask. Well, I played Tau right when they came out, and had the Aun'shi model. It was my first tournament level army (I took it to Houston GT years ago). Anyway, I sold the army after awhile because my painting skill improved... dramatically. The guy below was the ethereal that came in the Tau Box set. he may even be limited edition. Honestly, I wish I still had my original model (stripped and repainted) with the crossed symbols of office. I liked that model the best for ethereals.






No comments:

Post a Comment