Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Angels Terminators

Ok, so I got the terminators and the terminator Librarian finished last weekend. They took quite a bit more time then I had anticipated to be honest with you, but I'm pretty pleased with the way they came out. As usual, I think they are better then the photographs. The highlighting is always better, and it always sort of gets muted in the photos. I tried using the flash, but that didn't come out that well either. One day, when I'm stable again, I'll work on that.

Anyway, as I wrote about on the 40K Radio Forums, I did the battledamage and weathering on these terminators. I struggled with that decision, because I thought they looked good the first time, without the need to any, but then they would not have worked well with the army. Also, it took me awhile to decide how to paint them. I'm a Dark Angel successor chapter (sort of) so we use their number system for squads and companies, so it makes since they would also have single colors for the the 1st company (or 1st Order in my case). However the Deathwing didn't paint their armor bone until after an event from Post-Heresy. I decided to stick with the army color scheme. However I did make the decision that the Terminators from my First Order all wear their individual heraldry on their right should pad, so you may notice that. The reason for this is that by the time they are part of the 1st Order, you are quite the hero. Also my guys are sort of a Dark Angel/Black Templars blend. I'm working on their background that I will throw up here at some point



Here is my cyclone terminator. The cyclone is magnitized and can be pulled off. Wow did the highlights not come out on him at all. The red in this photo generally pops a lot more in RL. Sad really.
A picture I took with the flash of the Sarg.



Terminator Arixa, who has some battle damage on him.



And finally my terminator librarian





No comments:

Post a Comment