Tuesday, October 13, 2009

No Pictures

No pictures today. I'm still struggling with my bikes/landspeeders and bike commander. They will be finished by the end of the week.

It's hard to believe that I've been playing for about fifteen years now to be honest with you.

Anyway, while about 50% of the total marines I won are finished, I still haven't the fainest what list I will actually play. The painting part has been fun and easy. I think it's because normall I paint to play stuff, now I'm just painting because I enjoy this aspect of it. I'm 90% positive that some modification of my Angels will be the next army I take to tournament, but I couldn't tell you for the life of my what it will look like.

I'm considering so...so... so many lists. Living in San Francisco has been ok, but I have found that doing many things was simply harder then it used to be. In general I found 40K to be on of those things. The GW store doesn't even run 1850 tournaments. They have so many people they only run doubles. I don't like doubles that much, especially when I'm not playing with a close friend. In addition the store (with traffic) is about 45 minutes away. The guys that run it are first class nice folk, no complaints there.

I think I've just come to the conclusion that I like my 40K Indy. I like Indy Rogue Traders, INDY GT's and all the rest. Every time that GW seems to get seriously envolved in my hobby, they mess it up. *shrug*. Great models, amazing story, decent rules.

Anyway, so I'm looking at Big Waaagh in Memphis next year and also potentially at BoLS Con if they do it again. I'm really impressed with the Bell of Lost Souls website. Waaagh is only three hours away from where I will be living. Maybe I will go to both, money depending.

I'll be moving to open my own law office in Jackson, MS soon, so time and money are probably going to be a little tight. Thankfully I think my Tomb Kings army I mentioned earlier should sell tomorrow. I also have 20 tac marines, 4 dreadnoughts, 1 landraider, 7 scouts, 7 assault marines, 3 librarians, 1 chaplain and about 10 honorguard/command squad to paint. I probably have another devestator squad if I do some converting. So I have plenty to keep my busy. I will need to pick up some transports though, as scratch building more drop pods/rhinos is out of the question. The next thing I scratch build will be my Micharius style tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment