Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Next!

Ok, I have less then two weeks before I get on the road for my weeklong drive from San Francisco to Jackson MS. The WW (Wonderful Wife) is leaving this weekend to travel with the cat to Jackson to drop her off, take a look around where we are staying and also visit with her parents. So you know what that means? One last push for my models? Yep, you are right.

At the moment I am working on a single unit of Terminators and a terminator librarian. I mentioned earlier that I don't like to work on to many models at one time. This little group is perfect. I've been told that this weapons configuration is not optimal at the moment, and I believe it. However, I own fifteen terminators and want to pick up five more, so I'm allowed to paint some un-optimal things from time to time. Also, in the long run, things that suck generally become things that rock. This unit is army all with chainfists because (1) they look great and (2) I obliterated a Stompa a few weeks ago with these five guys. You do NOT mess with a chainfist in HTH. I have magnatized certain pieces is why the cyclone and other guns are in front of them. They get painted seperately. I intend on making my assault terminators completely modular, but will not get a chance to get to them till after I am in Jackson




Now, as to this weekend, the game is to deal with these boys. First, I want to say they are all Pewter/Lead and metal. Two Rogue Trader dreadnoughts that I am working on and (2) Dark Angel metal dreadnoughts. The first problem is that I'm not happy with my weapon configuarations. I need some Power Fists. I intend on scratch building some power fists and perhaps some autocannons this weekend. Check back and I'll show you how it's done.
Lastly is the guy below with no arms.


Now, I don't own a Ironclad dreadnought. However, I intend on converting this guy here to one. I had him all done up, but hated it so I ripped off all the parts I didn't like. I do NOT like the GW Iron Clad. I hope to have this felow with an interesting look when I get finished, although my sketches are a little vague. Expect a ton of pictures this weekend as it develops. Saturday I intend on doing nothing much but getting some things in the house ready to move and also making all of the conversions necessary. We will see!






No comments:

Post a Comment