Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Drop Pod

Ok, the Drop Pod is done. I'll take some finished photo's of it later. I had a entire set of photo's of it's completeion, but they got deleted. Here it is right before I started the last 25% or so. I'm trying to hunt down a CD to make a base out of it and model it so it looks like a hard crater landing, but unfortunately, we are about 1/4 packed to move, and the CD's all are in a box.

And my wife HATES it when I start unpacking packed things. No surprise really.

Some remarks on the design process. I started off using some thick card, but in the end, I enjoyed working with the plasticard a lot more, and found it a lot easier. Also I sued some balsa wood to give the fints some depth, but wood glue does NOT work well with plastic. Stick with standard white glue. Sadly, I probably used about a hundred bucks in supplies at this point. Let's hope this pays off in the future. I've already started on my next scratch build project, pictures of it next time.






This is what I'm working on at the moment. My bikes for my Angels of wrath. They just have their base coats on at the moment. Six bikes, vet with Power Fist, attack bike, and commander (popping the willy). The Landspeeders are the original metal dark angel models, all lead I believe. They were held to go with glue and a prayer when I put them together around fifteen years ago... Fuck has it been that long? I've been playing 40K since around 1992-1993, right at the end of Rogue Trader before 2nd edition came out. Anyway, all of the weapons are magnatized. I'll take some photo's of these guys through the process.



This is probably going to end up being Mollach, Master of the Arsenal. It's hard to tell that he is painted any different then DA's as his armor is so concealed by his cloth. To bad he isn't a good pick using the Space Marine 5th ed codex. But Still, not bad, he is my second master painted so far.

This is also going to be a master. I build his Thunder hammer from scratch, and am really looking forward to having him painted. I'll post his ongoing pain job here for you. I still have NO idea what army list I plan on settling onto when it's all said and done, so I'm just sort of painting everything.












No comments:

Post a Comment