Friday, October 2, 2009

Drop Pod Post 1

Ok, so this is really the first post, i.e. the BEGINNING of the blog. The first assessment of what I need to build my drop pod.




Yesterday I went out and purchased my supplies that I THINK I may need. We will see what I do and don't. This is what I picked up:




Plasticard .5 mm, Evergreen stuff, a lot of it.


Plasticard long circular pieces (to cut for rivets) two sizes,


Plasticard long square sections... this was for my thunderhammers that I want to self build. I did one last night that came out pretty well. I'll post a picture of the model later.


Aluminum rods for guns and weapons etc...


A paper ctter for straigt lines. I'm not sure I got the best one, but I have to deal with space alotments for the moment.


Some 2.0 mm balsa wood


1.0 mm card. The directions say thick card. I'm not sure quite what that is, I think these plans were drafted by someone in England, so you get these inconsistancies from time to time.



Here is a picture of them on my work table.


















Now, I printed the plans that I picked up off of the yahoo groups. Great bunch of guys there. Here they are for all to see:
Now, I think that they meant for this to be printed on card stock of some type, then fold. I'm not going to do mine that way. The plan is for this thing to be almost identical to the GW one, so I am going to do a lot of these pieces the best way I can. It seems fitting that the 40K Radio Marathon is tomorrow, as I will be listening to them while the wife is out, and trying to wrap my mind around this.




No comments:

Post a Comment