Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bikes Finished!

Ok so the (6) bikes, Attack bike and (2) Landspeeders and Captain Morveng on a bike are finished. Honestly this was a larger project then I like to bite off. Like they say about that elephant, take one bite at a time till it's finished. This was a lot of models. In addition the Landspeeders were a late addition. The bikes have been sitting in my box for quite a long time, but the landspeeders are actually LEAD. Yea, they are the original Dark Angel RavenWing landspeeders that came out... years and years ago. This was before the new plastic speeder, but were quite a jump from the previous version. In general they follow the new landspeeder shape, but are more compact. Considering they already came with all of the designs that I like so much (angels w/sword and the ravenwing symbol) they were perfect for my Angels of Wraith. However, breaking them up, cutting off all their weapons nad adding magnets was a little difficult, but fun. Ok, here is the Bike sargeant. All of the bikes are painted in a similar fashion, but I thought I would just post him.


Front view here where he is riding someone down with his power fist.


Here is the side view of him. I'm still working on battle damage and weathering. You should be able to clearly see the mud, and the dirt lines as the bike races. That's the goal anyway.



Here is the attack bike from a few points. Honestly, I think some better photography would seriously help these. I think they are much better in person then they are in pictures. After I get settled in jackson hopefully I can make that happen eventually.

Lastly is Captain Morveng. I've posted him several times. I've hand drawn an angel on his banner that isn't my best, but it's pretty good. Sadly, again the photo's don't really do him proper justice. He's a great model.























The bikes are a mixture of the original Ravenwing models from years ago, and also the new models. I have a regular biker waving his sword around. Here are the Attack Bi

No comments:

Post a Comment