Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What the DH/WH Change meant to Me

So I get back from trial to find all the comments today about the changes to DH/WH, which even my guard friend said, 'thank god' too.

So we have 7 days and counting before your BoLS list has to be submitted. It's do or die time, no more changes, no more modifications. I had a brief attack of "take TAU! yesterday, but I managed to beat that down. I am still taking my less then EpIcCoMpEtIvE L33t ArMy to the tournament. I am making some slight changes and playtesting a bit more over the weekend, but it's 90% there (and 90% painted or so).

The question really is, do I want to throw in some more deepstrikers in the form of drop pods into the list? I'm not sure that the change is sufficient to really shift any type of balance to require me to change the list that significantly. I would love to have a drop pod come in later into the game, but I'm not sure I'm interested in dropping marine on turn 1 into someone's face to watch them die. If I am going to get 1 drop pod I want 2 (or 3).

In other news I have sadly, with much gnashing of teeth and crying added razorbacks to the list. I'm not fond of them from a background perspective, and I wish that the 10 marine squad was better then it is, but let's face it, it's not that great.

I'm working on another battle report from this weekend against blood angels to post up here, but it's not ready quite yet.

Are you making any changes to your tournament list because of the WH/DH change?

2 comments:

  1. no choice. I run a radical inquisitor, and was running DA as my space marines for his troops and heavy support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ug, so you got hosed by the change (if it is an intended change). I hate it for the few armies I see that are trying to run a theme with the rules, and got screwed by it.

    ReplyDelete